Anca Bucur
Welcome to my world!
Fitness. Health. Natural. Motivation. Inspiration

Natural birth and the blessing of beeing mother. Welcome Rareș Alexander!

• 29'th august. I had the routine control, monitoring and all the required checks. My doctor told me I was in the same stage as last week, meaning there is no alarm, so I we were still waiting.
• 30'th august. I took my Adidas Runners equipement and I went to Herastrau Park, for the Thursday run. They all told me that if I was going to give birth there, somehow, I would have so many midwives :)). 
I did the warm up and the stretch and then supported and encouraged the team.
Addidas Runners
31'st August. I fell asleep at 2am. I was nervous, like I felt something. Although I knew I did not need anything for the hospital, because everything was included in the birth pack, I still prepared a backpack with clothes for me and my baby, a book, the phone charger for discharge. You know... Just to be sure! :)

Friday. I woke up at 5 am. I thought it was because of the late supper and red melon I ate a little too late, but when I saw that the roads to the toilet were in vain, and the situation was repeated, I said, "I'm sorry, I think it's time". I started to monitor my contractions, the duration and the interval. At about 7 o'clock, Dragos heard me (the contractions were taking their job seriously).
He asked me if I was fine. I answered:
- Yes. I think I have contractions!
- Well let's go to the hospital! (he said) 

At that moment I realized that it was time for our angel to come into the world.

So we went towards Regina Maria. Well, that maternity is close to us, so we got there in 10 minutes. I also wrote to the doctor, though honestly, I thought I was going to deliver the baby with another doctor, knowing that she was going to leave Bucharest that weekend. But it was not like that.
At the hospital, after the first check, I was told I had a dilation of about 4 cm, so they took me straight to the birthplace. Shortly after I was admitted, Mrs. Carmen Constantinescu (who has postponed her departure for me) has also come to see mee. She monitored me throughout my pregnancy and was there for me durring the delivery. I thank her for her support and professionalism.

Dragos, has been there with me thoughout delivery. He stayed with me in the delivery room from the very beginning. Yes. He also attended the birth. He stood at my right hand, beside my shoulder. I'm glad he did that, I felt so safe.

During delivery

My husband
In the same room were the midwives, Justina and Loredana. Very nice and kind with me.
The contractions were painful and harder to bear, so I asked the epidural, somewhere around noon. There was a good mood in the room, Europa FM was in the background, we were humming all the songs. The music relaxes me, it gives me a good feeling, so it was exactly the vibe I wanted.
I was consulted by the doctor at every 30 minutes. With the dilation I was standing well, contractions were not constant and effective. I was asked to approve any procedure, but at that moment, I could only do what the Doctor thinks fit. The membranes have been broken by the doctor. After that I waited ... and waited :)
At 3 pm, the epidural effect goes, and pains become unbearable (and I thought I was dealing well with pain - in general) :)). 

At 4 pm we begin to "get on with it." I felt the pain through all the pores, but everybody was cherring me and telling me: you got this, you can do it!

It seemed to me that it was never gonna end, and I had a moment of impotence at some point, when I was wondering if I'm going to make it. No way! I must be able to! I pushed for an hour. The midwives helped me, by pushing on my abdomen. The others encouraged and guided me with what I needed to do. The moment that really gave me power was the one in which the doctor told me: we can see his hair!
I had then a feeling hard to describe in words. That gave me so much force that in the next 2 minutes I think (or two pushes), I managed to do the right thing. I felt something magic, something that told me that I should not "pull" the time and bring this angel to the world. It all depended on me in those moments. When I heard him shout, crying, I burst in tears of happiness and joy. I turned my head to Dragos. We were saying so much with a look and a smile.
When they put my baby on my chest, it seemed like a miracle, a blessing, a great feeling. I told him I'm sorry I tormented him a little, but I just waited for him and we love him all over again. I looked at him quickly, to see his face, his boots, his nose, his eyes. It seemed unreal. What a moment! Therefore, on Friday August 31 at 17:00 came our angel, Rareș Alexander, 55 cm, 3,670 kg.
It's a boy
We stayed about 3 hours in the delivery room, then they took me to the salon. I still could not believe it. Like I was in a dream. All I wanted was to see the baby and then eat something :))
My little baby
We were discharged on Sunday. My mother came and helped us. It made me feel good to have her close for the first week. I do not even know what to share with you because I lived so many emotions at once. It would be too long to post. So I'm leaving something for next week. Time spent with Rareș. The first weeks as a mother. And my recovery :) 

My & my baby
One thing is for sure: I look at him, and my heart fills with love! It is the purest feeling I ever lived! It is the most beautiful blessing! I would stop the time! 

I love my parents
Baby D&A - 1st pregnancy tr...

This is the picture I took on  January 3rd, 2018, when the pregnancy test came out positive. I woke up early and full of excitement. I ha...

Just a little bit!

My exercise catches life . Every move was thought by me and I am very happy and grateful that I was inspired to do my owm choreography routine (aga...

How you do it?

It's a very busy time for me, with many events, classes and training for professional fitness contest in Miami (June 26-28). I am often asked: "How...